At ESH we consider parents our partners in education. Together with the school, the PTA organises regular EU coffee mornings to enhance the community spirit and facilitate multicultural mixing. We also work with parents in organising events and outings.
We need your positive support as the school grows and adapts to the changing environment.
We ask parents for support in a number of ways, here are a few:
- Keep connected to us: read the Newsflash and school announcements via your personalised Social Schools account.
- Become a Class Representative or support your Class Rep.
- Volunteer to accompany children on excursions.
- Help with PTA events (eg: European coffee Mornings / Cake Sales).
- Give helpful feedback to staff.
- Assist with class or school celebrations and parties.
- Keep talking to your children about school.
- Attend the monthly parent education presentations in the "Treffit" Parent Cafe.
- Send emails to our formal consultative bodies, such as the Participation Council (PC).
- Parents are also invited to join other committees, including the Parent Teacher Association (PTA), focus-groups, a canteen committee, a playground committee, and just to get involved in other school activities when invited.
Parents Connect, Collaborate, Communicate and Celebrate
We are so grateful to our committed parents who are always happy to help with school functions, events and fundraisers. The PTA is responsible for adding a positive social element to school through our European coffee mornings and book, bake / balloon sales. They organise the festive family Summer Fair each year and help out with anything at school, including re-decorating the parent cafe or gardening!
Parent Education Presentations
We work together on developing children’s cognitive skills - but also affective skills (the manner in which we deal with things emotionally, such as feelings, values, appreciation, enthusiasms, motivations, and attitudes).
It is well known that we, the parents, are a major influence in developing happy, healthy and well behaved children. Parent education is key to building strong families and communities.
Join us this year for one hour parent education presentations delivered by our in-house School Psychologist, Stephanie Kustner or other experts.
Where: Online Zoom
Time: 8:40 Welcome for 8:45am Start (presentations last an hour, Q&A afterwards, you may leave at any time).
Babies / younger siblings: Are welcome! But please leave the room if they are fussing and distracting others.
More information and Register on our Social Schools App.