Our Secondary school has a job opening for:
Timetabler (Roostermaker) - 0.8FTE
- Daily schedule updates e.g. related to teacher absences and trips
- Find solutions for timetable changes during the year
- Work on the year planning with the other ESH Timetabler
- Collect data and advise school management about the annual schedule of classes and classrooms
- Draw up notes for school management on challenges, bottlenecks in the schedule process, and possible solutions
- Create various schedules e.g. exams, support lesson plans, cover scenarios, etc
- Work closely with students, teachers, and relevant departments
- A keen interest in solving puzzles and challenges related to scheduling
- Knowledge and skills in using a scheduling program or similar are beneficial. A willingness to learn how to use the European Schools' School Management System (SMS) software and Untis is required
- Highly organised, ability to work independently and with strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent social and communication skills
- Good ICT skills and a collaborative, solution focused attitude
- Good knowledge of the English language
- Ability to analyse and balance the different needs of various stakeholders and the colleagues you work closely with
- Ability to work under pressure to complete set tasks while handling the numerous requests and interruptions that occur in a busy school
- Enjoy working in a lively and multicultural school environment
- An appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement (CAO VO) for secondary education on the relevant pay scale. The specific step in the scale is depending on relevant background and experience.
- A temporary contract of one year with a prospect to a permanent one. A permanent contract is subject to the successful completion of the probationary period.
- Attractive multicultural work environment.
- Ongoing Professional Development.
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply via werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl. You will be asked to upload a CV accompanied by a motivation letter and an application form (incomplete applications may not be considered). Please send in your application for the attention of Mr van de Kerkhof, Director of the European School.
Deadline for applications: 7 March 2021
Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation via email. The interview will either be in person or via Teams. Candidates who pass the first round will be invited for a trial day. Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses and details will be provided upon invitation.
The Europese School Den Haag (ESH) is part of the foundation Rijnlands Lyceum. ESH Primary is located at Houtrustweg 2, and ESH Secondary at Oostduinlaan 50. The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School. Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment Code of Stichting Het Rijnlands Lyceum. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying. Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl. The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.