The European School of The Hague (ESDH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. From the 1st of January 2022, our Secondary School has a job opening for a:
Timetabler 1,0 FTE
· Work on the year planning with the timetabling and leadership team and plan the timetable for the school year;
· Daily schedule update e.g. related to teacher absences and trips;
· Find solutions for timetable changes during the year e.g. due to changes;
· Collect and analyse data data and advise school management about the annual schedule of classes and classrooms;
· Draw up notes for school management on challenges, bottlenecks in the scheduling process and suggest possible solutions;
· Create various schedules for e.g. exams, support lesson plans, cover scenarios et cetera;
· Work closely with students, teachers, and all relevant departments
· A keen interest in solving puzzles and challenges related to scheduling;
· A willingness to learn how to use the European School System software (SMS) and Untis is required; knowledge and skills in using a scheduling program or similar are beneficial;
· Excellent organizational skills and able to work accurately;
· Excellent social and communication skills;
· Excellent ICT skills and a collaborative, solution focused attitude;
· Being able to work independently;
· Good knowledge of the English language;
· Being able to assess and balance all the different needs of the various stakeholders in a school and the colleagues you work with;
· Ability to work under pressure and combine work with numerous requests and interruptions in a busy multilingual school while still being able to focus and finish the tasks;
· Enjoy working in a lively and multicultural school environment
· Knowledge of the Dutch language is beneficial, but not required
· An appointment based on the Dutch teachers collective labour agreement (CAO VO) for secondary education, and on the relevant pay scale for Supporting Staff (OOP). The specific step in the scale is depending on relevant background and work experience.
· Initially the appointment will be for one year with a prospect to a permanent one (if all requirements are met)
· Relocation package (if applicable)
· Attractive multicultural work environment
· Ongoing Professional Development
· Starting Date: 1 January 2022
Besides a meaningful job, we offer attractive terms and conditions of employment determined by the primary and secondary education collective labour agreements, as well as Rijnlands foundation specific benefits. This includes (but is not limited to):
· 8% holiday allowance;
· a year-end bonus;
· an extra year-end bonus of € 1.200,- gross for scale 1-8 (only applicable for the supporting staff “OOP”);
· an end of scale payment amounting to € 247,- gross for scale 9 OOP (based on a fulltime position);
· a monthly contribution towards travel expenses (if applicable);
· a collective/group occupational disability insurance;
· the ABP pension scheme;
· a number of options for tax benefits regarding e.g. trade union dues, the costs of sports (for instance fitness) membership fees and the purchase of a bicycle (for commuting purposes);
· a collective/group occupational disability insurance IPAP (Loyalis);
· a discount on various insurances (health care, home content, legal aid, liability insurance policies and more).
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply via werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl. You will be asked to upload a CV accompanied by a motivation letter and a completed job application form (incomplete applications may not be considered). Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School.
Deadline for applications: 14 November 2021
The job interviews take place from week 43 and onwards. Shortlisted applicants will receive an invitation via email. The job interviews will be held onsite or via Microsoft Teams. Please note: suitable candidates may be invited to an interview sooner than the closing date for applications.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment code of the foundation Rijnlands Lyceum. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying. Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl.
The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.