The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Currently our primary school has several part time job openings for a teaching assistant in the English department
· 0.7875 (Early Years section);
· 0.575 (Primary section);
· 0.2125 (Early Years section: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday from 13:15-15:30)
· fully qualified to assist teachers in the primary department;
· C2 English level of proficiency;
· living in or near the vicinity of The Hague
· experience in and a passion for working with children from age group of 4-11;
· experience in international or intercultural education;
· good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational context
· knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage;
· being innovative and versatile with good organizational skills;
· active contribution to school development in general;
· excellent social and communicative skills
· an appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement (CAO PO) for primary education on the relevant pay scale for educational support staff (OOP);
· initially the appointment will be until the end of school year 2021-2022, with a possibility of an extension for the school year 2022-2023 (if all requirements are met);
· attractive multicultural work environment;
· on-going Professional Development
Besides a meaningful job, we offer attractive terms and conditions of employment determined by the primary and secondary education collective labour agreements, as well as Rijnlands foundation specific benefits. This includes (but is not limited to):
· 8% holiday allowance;
· a year-end bonus;
· an extra year-end bonus for educational support staff (OOP);
· a contribution towards travel expense;
· an annual payment for “Teachers day” in October: € 200,-gross;
· a monthly contribution towards travel expenses (if applicable);
· a collective/group occupational disability insurance;
· the ABP pension scheme;
· a number of options for tax benefits regarding e.g. trade union dues, the costs of sports (for instance fitness) membership fees and the purchase of a bicycle (for commuting purposes);
· a collective/group occupational disability insurance IPAP (Loyalis);
· a discount on various insurances (health care, home content, legal aid, liability insurance policies and more).
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply via werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl. You will be asked to upload a CV accompanied by a motivation letter and an application form (incomplete applications may not be considered). Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. E. Voorneman, deputy director of the European School The Hague Primary.
Deadline for applications: 7 November 2021
The interviews will take place from week 45. Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation via e-mail. The interviews will be held onsite or via Microsoft Teams.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment code. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying.
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.europeanschoolthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl. The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.
The European School The Hague (ESH) is part of the foundation Rijnlands Lyceum.
ESH Primary is located at Houtrustweg 2, and ESH Secondary at Oostduinlaan 50.