The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Due to the absence of one of our colleagues, we have a temporary job opening for a:
Teacher of Polish
0.24 FTE (2 days a week)
· You hold a fully qualified teacher status for Primary Education in the country the qualification is obtained
· C2 level of proficiency in the Polish language
· Experience in teaching the age group of 4-11
· Experience with meeting the individual needs of the pupils
· Experience in working with EAL pupils
· Experience in international or intercultural education
· Good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational context
· You live in or near the vicinity of The Hague
· Knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage
· Being innovative and versatile with good organizational skills
· Active contribution to school development in general
· An appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement (CAO PO) for primary education on the relevant pay scale (depending on relevant background and experience).
· A temporary appointment to cover the absent teacher
· Attractive multicultural work environment
· Ongoing Professional Development
Besides a meaningful job, we offer attractive terms and conditions of employment determined by the primary and secondary education collective labour agreements, as well as Rijnlands foundation specific benefits. This includes (but is not limited to):
· 8% holiday allowance;
· a year-end bonus;
· a contribution towards travel expense;
· an annual payment for “Teachers day” in October: € 200,-gross;
· a monthly contribution towards travel expenses (if applicable);
· a collective/group occupational disability insurance;
· the ABP pension scheme;
· a number of options for tax benefits regarding e.g. trade union dues, the costs of sports (for instance fitness) membership fees and the purchase of a bicycle (for commuting purposes);
· a collective/group occupational disability insurance IPAP (Loyalis);
· a discount on various insurances (health care, home content, legal aid, liability insurance policies and more).
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply via werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl. You will be asked to upload a CV accompanied by a motivation letter and an application form (incomplete applications may not be considered). Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School.
Deadline for applications: 24th of October 2021
Please note: suitable candidates may be invited to an interview before the above mentioned closing date. Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation via e-mail. The interviews will be held onsite or via Microsoft Teams.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment code. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying.
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.europeanschoolthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl. The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.
The European School The Hague (ESH) is part of the foundation Rijnlands Lyceum.
ESH Primary is located at Houtrustweg 2, and ESH Secondary at Oostduinlaan 50.