The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Our Secondary School has a job opening from 1 August 2021 for:
Teacher of Latin - 0,417 FTE
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree (Hons) or equivalent in Latin literature
- Fully qualified teacher status for Secondary Education in the country the qualification is obtained, and in at least one of the subjects mentioned (for UK/Ireland/Scotland: you have been awarded QTS and have successfully completed - or are exempt from the statutory induction period)
- Experience in teaching Latin up to university entrance level
- Fluent in English
- Experience teaching the age group 11-18
- Experience meeting the individual needs of students
- Experience working with EAL students
- Experience in international or intercultural education
- Good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational context
- Experience teaching EB, IB or GCE A levels
- Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities
- Willingness to learn Dutch
- Willingness to settle in or near the vicinity of The Hague
- Knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage
- An appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement (CAO VO) for secondary education on the relevant pay scale. The specific step in the scale is depending on relevant background and experience.
- A permanent contract subject to the recognition of teaching qualifications by the Dutch authorities and after a successful completion of a year probationary period
- Attractive multicultural work environment
- Ongoing Professional Development
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply via werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl. You will be asked to upload a CV accompanied by a motivation letter and an application form (incomplete applications may not be considered). Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School.
Deadline for applications: 9 May 2021
Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation via e-mail. The interview will either be in-person or via Teams. Candidates who pass the first and second round will be invited for a trial day. Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. Information about expense claims will be provided upon invitation.
The Europese School Den Haag (ESH) is part of the foundation Rijnlands Lyceum. ESH Primary is located at Houtrustweg 2, and ESH Secondary at Oostduinlaan 50. The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School. Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment Code of Stichting Het Rijnlands Lyceum. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying. Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl. The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.