The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Due to the opening of our Czech mother tongue language tuition, we have a job opening from 1st August 2021 for a:
Teacher of Czech 0,6 FTE
Working hours: Mon-Fri 8:45-12:45
· Fully qualified teacher status to teach Czech to primary school children
· Fluent in English and/or Dutch
· Experience in teaching the age group 4-11
· Experience with meeting the individual needs of the pupils
· Experience in international or intercultural education
· Knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage
· Good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational environment
· Being innovative and versatile with good organizational skills
· Active contribution to school development in general
· Excellent social and communicative skills
· Flexibility and proven ability to function well in an international team
· Willingness to learn Dutch
· Willingness to settle in or near the vicinity of The Hague
· An appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement (CAO PO) for primary education from 1st August 2021 until 31st July 2022. The specific step in the scale depends on relevant background and experience.
· A permanent contract subject to the recognition of teaching qualifications by the Dutch authorities and after a successful completion of a year probationary period
· An attractive relocation package with HR assistance
· Ongoing Professional Development
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply via werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl.
You will be asked to upload a CV accompanied by a motivation letter and a completed application form (incomplete applications may not be considered) to the attention of Mr F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School The Hague. Deadline for applications: 12th May, 2021
Candidates who have passed the selection procedure will be invited to an interview and trial lesson soon after the closing date. In case of Covid19 restrictions, alternative arrangements will be made. In the event that applicants have equal qualifications, priority will be given to staff members of the Stichting Rijnlands Lyceum. Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. Information about expense claims will be provided upon invitation.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment Code of Stichting Het Rijnlands Lyceum. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying.
The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.
The Europese School Den Haag (ESH) is part of the foundation Rijnlands Lyceum.
ESH Primary is located at Houtrustweg 2, and ESH Secondary at Oostduinlaan 50.