Located in the international heart of the Netherlands, the European School The Hague is unique. We offer complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Our Primary and Secondary schools are located on two large campuses in the International Zone of The Hague. The two schools work together with a shared vision and mission as part of the Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation. Our qualified and dedicated staff ensure the highest quality education and small class sizes.
Starting from the 1 August 2022, we have a job opening at our Secondary school for a:
Teacher of Croatian
· University Baccalaureus/Baccalaurea (Sveučilišni Prvostupnik/Prvostupnica) or Sveučilišni Specijalist in Croatian language and literature
· Fully qualified teacher status for Secondary Education in the country the qualification is obtained. Your teaching qualification must meet the standards required by the Dutch Education Authorities (DUO) (First-degree teaching/ Eerste graads)
· English level B2
· Experience in teaching the age 11-18
· Experience meeting the individual needs of students
· Experience working with EAL students
· Experience international or intercultural education
· Good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational context
· Experience teaching Croatian to EB, IB, or GCE A levels
· Willingness to be involved in extra-curricular activities
· Knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage
· Living in or near the vicinity of The Hague
· An appointment based on the Dutch teachers' collective labour agreement for secondary education (CAO VO) on the relevant pay scale. The specific step in the scale depends on relevant background and experience
· A permanent contract subject to the successful completion of the one year probationary period and the recognition of teaching qualifications by the Dutch Education Authorities (DUO)
· A pleasant multicultural work environment
· Ongoing Professional Development
Besides a meaningful job, we offer attractive terms and conditions of employment determined by the primary and secondary education collective labour agreements and Rijnlands foundation specific benefits (but are not limited to):
· 8% holiday allowance (May)
· 8.33% year-end bonus (December)
· End of scale payment amounting to € 1493 gross for teachers (based on a full-time position
· Monthly contribution towards travel expenses (if applicable)
· Collective/group occupational disability insurance
· ABP pension scheme
· Collective/group occupational disability insurance IPAP (Loyalis)
· Discount on various insurances (health care, home content, legal aid, liability insurance policies and more)
The appointed person will start on 1 August 2022
Applicants who meet the requirements can apply via werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl. Please upload your CV with a motivation letter and a completed application form (incomplete applications will not be considered). Please address your application for the attention of Ms Annette Sloan a.i, deputy director of the European School Secondary.
The deadline for applications is: until a suitable candidate is hired
Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation via e-mail. Depending on the applicant's location, the interview will be in-person or via Microsoft Teams. Please note that suitable candidates may be invited for an interview sooner than the closing date. In case of equal suitability, internal candidates are preferred. Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. The recruitment officer will provide more information upon invitation.
Shall you have any questions, please feel free to contact our recruitment officer Ming En Li at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment code. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to read the code before applying carefully.
All applicants are subject to a screening process that includes verification of qualifications, obtaining two supervisory references (including current employer's) and obtaining current and previous police checks or certificates of good conduct. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. To this end, all those appointed at ESH must obtain a good conduct certificate (VOG). The decision to issue this certificate lies with the Dutch Ministry of Justice. For more information, please read our regulation Certificate of Good Conduct. Rijnlands will reimburse the cost for the certification of good conduct.
About the Secondary School
With tuition in 15 European languages, our dynamic multilingual and multicultural environment nurtures the growth and development of our students. It prepares them to become responsible, future-focused and proactive citizens of Europe and the world.
ESH Secondary is proud to offer a well-rounded programme of study that incorporates technology to facilitate learning and ensure students are future-ready. ESH places high importance on student well-being, and the holistic approach sees students taking part in outdoor education, camps, community service, and cultural trips abroad. Students benefit from the local community links within The Hague International Zone, connecting their learning with the real world.
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.europeanschoolthehague.nl and www.rijnlandslyceum.nl. The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools' system and regulations.