The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Starting 1 September 2021, our Secondary School has a job opening for a:
Support Specialist Mathematics - 0.8FTE
- Experience teaching Mathematics at second-degree secondary education teacher level or a higher vocational qualification
- Proven experience supporting students with learning differences within a school environment to assist with curriculum and assessment accessibility.
- Willingness to explore, identify and implement evidenced based curricular and best practices to enhance student curriculum and assessment accessibility.
- Fluent in Dutch and English (min. C1 proficiency level)
- Work with students from the Dutch and/or the English section, individually or in small group setting, and/or within the regular classroom as needed.
- Develop the Student Support Plans for individualized learning needs, implement the plan, and use diagnostic information obtained from tests and other assessment procedures to update the plan as needed.
- Provide written and oral consultation to the Support Team members, other school staff and parents on individual porgress and/ or learning strategies and recommendations.
- Employ evidenced based best practices and instructional methods and materials that are most appropriate for meeting the student’s support objectives.
- Attend whole staff meetings, serve on staff committees.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of Mathematics support in an International school setting
- Experience of working within multidisciplinary student support teams
- Experience of working in a multilingual environment with specific language needs
- Experience in coaching and supporting teachers in meeting individual students needs
Skills and abilities
- Possess effective communication skills and relates well with all students, teachers and support staff
- Good organizational and administration skills
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and work effectively within a team
- Ability to assess, record, plan, set goals, evaluate progress and produce reports and explicit teaching techniques relating to student needs
- IT skills relevant to supporting students with additional educational needs
- A willingness to be committed to several tasks as required and manage time well to ensure quality outcomes
- An appointment based on the Dutch teachers collective labour agreement (CAO VO) for secondary education, scale 10. The specific step in the scale is depending on relevant background and work experience
- A temporary contract of one year with a prospect to a permanent one. A permanent contract is subject to the successful completion of the probationary period.
- An attractive relocation package with HR assistance to help with your relocation to The Hague
- · Ongoing Professional Development
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply via werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl. You will be asked to upload a CV accompanied by a motivation letter and a completed application form (incomplete applications may not be considered). Please address your application to the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, Director of the European School.
Deadline for applications: 22 August 2021
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an interview via Teams between 26 and 27 of August.
The Europese School Den Haag (ESH) is part of the foundation Rijnlands Lyceum. ESH Primary is located at Houtrustweg 2, and ESH Secondary at Oostduinlaan 50. The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School. Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment Code of Stichting Het Rijnlands Lyceum. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying. Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl. The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.