The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Due to maternity leave of one of our colleagues, we have a temporary job opening starting on 1 January 2021 (possibly on 1 December 2020) for a:
(1,0 FTE )
· Fully qualified teacher status to teach in Primary Education, in the country the qualification is obtained (for UK/Ireland/Scotland: you have been awarded QTS and have successfully completed -or are exempt from- the statutory induction period)
· Fluent in English
· Experience in teaching the age group of 4-11
· Experience with meeting the individual needs of the pupils
· Experience in working with EAL pupils
· Experience in international or intercultural education
· Good ICT skills and an understanding of ICT use in an educational context
· Being innovative and versatile with good organizational skills
· Active contribution to school development in general
· Excellent social and communicative skills
· Living in or near the vicinity of The Hague
· Knowledge of other EU languages is an advantage
· A temporary appointment from 1st of January until 6st of September, 2021 (possibly longer), based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement (CAO PO) for primary education, scale L10. The specific step in the scale is depending on relevant background and experience.
· Professional Development
You will be asked to upload a CV accompanied by a motivation letter and a completed application form (incomplete applications may not be considered) to the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School The Hague before 31 October.
Candidates who have passed the selection procedure will be invited to an interview and trial lesson soon after the closing date. In case of Covid19 restrictions alternative arrangements will be made.
Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. Information about expense claims will be provided upon invitation.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment Code of Stichting Het Rijnlands Lyceum. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying.
The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.