The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School providing multilingual and multicultural education, offering complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Currently our primary school has a parttime job opening for a:
(0.25 FTE / 10 hours a week)
The lunchtime supervisor looks after the welfare of school pupils during their lunchbreak. Lunchtime supervisors have a range of duties and responsibilities, such as:
· Supervise school pupils during their lunchbreak in the canteen and on the playground;
· Provide support with hygienic care
· Carry out minor first aid
· Clearing away and managing the materials used
· Organise lost property items
· Communicate pro-actively with the line manager on issues relating to children’s behaviour.
Requirements and recommendations
· Child-care training
· The ability to manage a group of pupils aged 4-11
· Good knowledge of the English and Dutch language (knowledge of other European languages is a bonus)
· Calm and patient manner
· Positive interest in supporting children’s play
· Awareness of the international community in the Netherlands
· First aid experience
· A temporary appointment of six months, based on the Dutch collective labour agreement for primary education (CAO PO), and on the relevant pay scale for support staff (OOP)
· Starting Date: 1 November 2021
· Ongoing professional development
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply via werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl. You will be asked to upload a CV accompanied by a motivation letter and an application form (incomplete applications may not be considered). Please send in your application for the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School.
Deadline for applications: 24 October 2021
The interviews will take place from week 43 and onwards. Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation via e-mail. The interviews will be held onsite or via Microsoft Teams.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment code. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying.
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.europeanschoolthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl. The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.
The European School The Hague (ESH) is part of the foundation Rijnlands Lyceum. ESH Primary is located at Houtrustweg 2, and ESH Secondary at Oostduinlaan 50.