Working pattern: 0.25 FTE (10 hours a week from Monday to Friday except Wednesday)
| Start date: 1 November 2023 | Closing date: 24 September 2023
Since opening in 2012, our Early Years and Primary school provides young learners with a dynamic, multicultural and multilingual environment in which to play, grow, learn and develop in accordance with the European Curriculum. Early Years and Primary education at our school consists of two years of the Early Years cycle and five years of the Primary cycle.
Pupils undertake the majority of their learning in their own language section. To encourage playing and learning together, and to facilitate multicultural and cross-cultural friendships, a number of lessons are organised in mixed language groups.
The lunchtime supervisor looks after the welfare of school pupils during their lunchbreak. Lunchtime supervisors have a range of duties and responsibilities, such as supervise school pupils during their lunchbreak in the canteen and on the playground:
- Provide support with hygienic care
- Carry out minor first aid
- Clearing away and managing the materials used
- Organise lost property items
- Communicate pro-actively with the line manager on issues relating to children’s behaviour.
Requirements and recommendations
- Child-care training
- The ability to manage a group of pupils aged 4-11
- Good knowledge of the English and Dutch language (knowledge of other European languages is a bonus)
- Calm and patient manner
- Positive interest in supporting children’s play
- Awareness of the international community in the Netherlands
- First aid experience
What we offer:
“A learning community dedicated to building respectful and responsible citizens and empowering all learners.”
- A learning team, where the expertise of each team member is valued
- Attractive multicultural environment with international colleagues
- Continuous professional development
At ESH our vision is to inspire students to be responsible, future focused, and proactive citizens of Europe and the world. We focus on consolidating and strengthening the mother tongue and learning and using foreign languages. You will have the opportunity to grow with the enrichment of the multilingual and multicultural aspects of our school community and be part of our Professional Learning Community.
An appointment based on the Dutch teachers’ collective labour agreement (CAO PO) for primary education on the relevant pay scale for educational support staff (OOP). The specific step in the scale is depending on relevant background and experience. We offer various benefits such as bicycle scheme, discount on various insurance policies, training and development, buddy program and more. For further information about the CAO PO click here.
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply on werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl by uploading below documents:
- CV in English or Dutch
- Motivation letter in English or Dutch
- Application form (incomplete application will not be considered)
Please address your application for the attention of Mr. Ger Rombouts, Head of School ESH Primary.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment code. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent, fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying.
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.europeanschoolthehague.nl on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl. The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.