Starting the 1 January 2021, our Secondary school has a job opening for:
Library assistant - 0.4FTE
- Supporting the librarian with daily tasks
- Cataloguing new arrivals and assisting with the stocktake in July
- Maintaining records of books taken out and books brought back; adding barcode, dewey labels, stamp, return date slip and book covers
- Sorting and shelving books according to their categorization
- Register new staff and student and maintaining and updating their information in the system.
- Checking books in and out at the front desk and managing the reservations
- Assisting students with internet access and ensuring their technical meets are met such as PC, iPads and library online catalogue
- Settling any disruptions or disturbances in the library
- Assisting with library events
- Managing inquiries over the counter
- Implementing the library’s policies and rules.
- Assist with the registration, loan and return of textbooks in June, August and September
- Previous experience of working with teenagers and in a library
- You are a good listener, enjoy working with teenagers and helping them learn.
- Training in Libraries and Information Management.
- Fluent in English (other European languages are an advantage)
- Good IT skills and an understanding of using technology as a tool for learning.
- Being innovative, motivated to learn with good organizational skills
- Active contribution to school development in general
- Excellent social and communication skills
- A temporary contract of one year with a prospect to a permanent one, based on the Dutch collective labour agreement (CAO VO OOP), salary scale 4. The specific step in this scale is depending on relevant background and work experience.
- Ongoing Professional Development.
Applicants who meet the requirements are invited to apply via werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl. You will be asked to upload a CV accompanied by a motivation letter and a completed application form (incomplete applications may not be considered). Please send your application for the attention of Mr. F. van de Kerkhof, director of the European School.
Deadline for applications: 6 December 2020
Shortlisted applicants will be invited for an online interview via Teams in week 50.
The Europese School Den Haag (ESH) is part of the foundation Rijnlands Lyceum. ESH Primary is located at Houtrustweg 2, and ESH Secondary at Oostduinlaan 50. The European School The Hague (ESH) is an officially accredited European School. Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment Code of Stichting Het Rijnlands Lyceum. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to carefully read the code before applying. Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.eshthehague.nl and on www.rijnlandslyceum.nl. The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools’ system and regulations.