Located in the international heart of the Netherlands, the European School The Hague is unique. We offer complete Early Years, Primary and Secondary education leading to the European Baccalaureate. Our Primary and Secondary schools are located on two large campuses in the International Zone of The Hague. The two schools work together with a shared vision and mission as part of the Rijnlands Lyceum Foundation. Our qualified and dedicated staff ensure the highest quality education and small class sizes.
Starting from 1 January 2023, we have 2 jobs opening at our Secondary school for a:
- A concierge who has affinity with students between the ages 11 to 18
- Someone who can personally contribute to the European identity of our school. This means, among other things, knowledge of the English language in word and writing, in addition to a good command of the Dutch language. A second foreign (European) language is an advantage
- You are handy and responsible for minor maintenance and repair work on building(s), grounds, installations, equipment and inventory
- You are service-oriented, think along with regard to facilities and audiovisual areas and check buildings and inventory
- After consultation with the head concierge, you can engage third parties if necessary to clear up malfunctions; you supervise the repairs performed by third parties
- You submit administrative data, technical tasks and, if desired, execute purchase orders
- You supervise the students aged 11 to 18 years
- Various activities in the context of management and maintenance of the building are part of your range of tasks
- You are in possession of a BHV and First Aid diploma. A VCA diploma is an advantage
- You carry out the work with three other concierges
- You are available every day on weekdays, 8 hours a day, alternating between 07:30 and 18:00. There are also periodic evening shifts. During school holidays, shifts are also run due to work that takes place there.
- An appointment based on the Dutch teachers' collective labour agreement for secondary education (CAO VO) on pay scale 4. The specific step in the scale depends on relevant background and experience. Salary is between €1942 to €2692 based on full-time basis.
- A pleasant multicultural work environment
- Working location is Oostduinlaan 50
- Ongoing Professional Development
Besides a meaningful job, we offer attractive terms and conditions of employment determined by the primary and secondary education collective labour agreements and Rijnlands foundation specific benefits (but are not limited to):
- 8% holiday allowance (May)
- 8.33% year-end bonus (December)
- An extra end-of-year bonus of € 1,200 gross for scale 1-8 (only applicable for the support staff “OOP”)
- Monthly contribution towards travel expenses (if applicable)
- Collective/group occupational disability insurance
- ABP pension scheme
- Number of options for tax benefits regarding, e.g. trade union dues, the costs of sports (for instance, fitness membership fees and the purchase of a bicycle (for commuting purposes)
- Collective/group occupational disability insurance IPAP (Loyalis)
- Discount on various insurances (health care, home content, legal aid, liability insurance policies and more)
Applicants who meet the requirements can apply via werkenbijrijnlandslyceum.nl. Please upload your CV with a motivation letter in English and a completed application form (incomplete applications will not be considered). Please send in your application for the attention of Ms. Anna Marieke Meijers, Facility manager European School The Hague. For further information, please contact Ms. Meijers at 070-7001600.
The deadline for applications is: 1 December 2022
Shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation via e-mail. The interview will take place at our secondary location, Oostduinlaan 50 in the week of 5 December. In case of equal suitability, internal candidates are preferred. Applicants are eligible for the reimbursement of travel expenses. The recruitment officer will provide more information upon invitation.
Our recruitment procedure is subject to the Recruitment code. The purpose of the code is to provide a standard for a transparent and fair recruitment and selection procedure. ESH requests all applicants to read the code carefully before applying.
Information about the European School The Hague can be found on www.europeanschoolthehague.nl and www.rijnlandslyceum.nl. The website of the European Schools www.eursc.eu explains the European Schools' system and regulations.