Loosening of restrictions
The following changes to restrictions are being rolled out through February and March.
Period of quarantine
From Friday 18 February, the necessary period of quarantine is reduced from a minimum of seven days to five days. It remains a condition that the student or staff member must be free of symptoms for 24 hours before returning to school.
1,5 metre distancing and masks
At the end of February, it will no longer be necessary to keep a 1,5 metre distance from others or to wear masks in public places, except on public transport. ESH Secondary will continue to strongly advise students and staff to maintain a 1,5 metre distance from others and to wear masks.
Visitors welcome in school
Visitors and guests, including parents, will be welcome in school again. This will be implemented at ESH Secondary after the school holidays, from Tuesday 8 March.
Families are reminded that if you develop any of the symptoms listed below, or your home test result is positive, you need to contact the GGD directly to schedule a test by calling 0800-1202 or via coronatest.nl.
- Cold-like symptoms (such as a nasal cold, runny nose, sneezing, sore throat)
- Shortness of breath
- Elevated temperature or fever
- Sudden loss of smell and/or taste (without nasal congestion)
Follow the quarantine advice provided by the GGD. Parents report absences by completing the absence form before 08:30 for everyday of the absence.
For more information, refer to the guidelines from the RIVM.
Health and safety
All students and staff are asked to adhere to the following health and safety rules when at school:
- Complete a self-test at home twice a week
- Wear a face mask when moving around
- Keep 1,5m distance from others
- Clean your desk and chair when entering and leaving a room
- Keep to the right in corridors and on stairs
- Follow the one-way system in the school building & on stairs
- Wash your hands regularly with soap or disinfect your hands
- Cough or sneeze into your elbow & use paper tissues to blow your nose
- Don't shake hands or hug people
All students and staff are encouraged to use the self-tests provided by the school twice a week. Test kits can be collected from Reception and are to be taken home and used twice a week for routine screening. COVID-19 self-tests are not designed to replace the official tests provided by the GGD.
All youth aged 12 to 17 should have received an invitation letter for vaccination from the GGD to get their vaccines before the start of the new school year. You are considered to be fully vaccinated if you:
- Received your 2nd shot from BioNTech/Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca more than 14 days ago,
- Or, more than 14 days ago, you received 1 shot of one of these vaccines and have had COVID-19,
- Or, you received a Janssen vaccination more than 28 days ago.
More information about vaccinations for secondary school students is available from the Rijksoverheid:
Not yet vaccinated?
Travelled abroad? Quarantine rules may apply
Check the following website to see the latest quarantine requirements for your holiday destination. These requirements apply to all ESH Secondary students, regardless of age.