March 1, 2021
Our objective is to provide a safe and hygienic environment at ESH to protect our staff and students from infection by the Coronavirus. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with our school updates. Our goal is to provide the best educational experience for your children under the current restrictions and regulations. When in doubt about symptoms, please get tested by making an appointment with the GGD by calling 0800-1202.
Please view this updated Decision Making Flow Chart to guide you:
The advice of the RIVM is only to travel if it is strictly necessary. Holiday travel is not considered strictly necessary. Booking trips abroad is not recommended until the end of March 2021.
Parents, staff and secondary school students are required by law to go into home quarantine for 10 days upon their return from a "red or orange" country. Due to the new variant, primary aged children also should stay at home, for 10 days, in travel related quarantine. A negative test result after day 5 will allow one to return to work/school/public life. ESH primary children in travel quarantine will not receive distance education, but may receive work assignments after alignment with their teachers.
Check your travel destination to see if you are required to complete a 10 day quarantine at home:
When do you NOT have to go into travel quarantine?
1) when you have been to a country where it is not necessary/required.
2) If you work, study or go to school across the border
3) If you cross the border for work related transport of goods or people
4) If you visit your spouse/partner, child or parent in Belgium or Germany.
If you conduct a Corona test on day 5 of your return, and the result is negative, your quarantine may be shortened.
Click here for (Dutch) information on exceptions to travel related quarantine.
- Rules for Primary Schools
- Why is the 1.5-m measure for young children less stringent?
- My child has persistent cold symptoms / hay fever. Can he or she go to school / childcare / sports activities?
- Pupils of High Risk or a Family Member with High Risk
- How does the RIVM define "risk group"?
- Anxiety for Corona Infection
- Pupil Stuck Abroad
- Compulsory Education and COVID-19 Pandemic
No parents or visitors are allowed to enter the school buildings.
- There are exceptions to this rule when parents have a specific meeting/purpose. These parents are required to fill in the Health Check Triage form before entering, wear a facemask, disinfect their hands and leave immediately after the meeting. If any answers to the questions are YES, then parents may not enter the school.
- Parents are expected to adhere to the 1,5m physical distancing rule at all times, near the gates, walking routes into school, during drop off and pick up and talking to staff at the end of the day. Staff in our school have the right to a healthy and safe working environment as does the whole ESH community.
Parents are kindly asked to respect the instructions of the security guards and traffic controllers and to avoid gathering too closely near the "safe zone" in front of the gates. This space is for children to enter and exit the school. Please be patient and adhere to social distancing expectations.
Bus Riders: Children who come to school with a bus will enter the main entrance gates as they arrive, and not wait for their allocated time slot. Early Years children will be take to the EY gate by the bus driver and enter immediately. They will be taken to the atrium.
where do we go? See this video for drop off & pick up foot traffic
Academic support lessons will begin again to facilitate school work. Children will receive support lessons. Support rooms will be cleaned and ventilated after every session. Where possible, and weather dependent, teachers may work outside with pupils. Support teachers are also asked to cover for absent / off site class teachers. This may interfere with the continuation of support provided. For more information, please contact email@example.com
After School Activities / Parent Meetings etc.
After School Activites are not available at ESH primary for the foreseeable future. As a school, we follow protocol and encourage staff and students to leave as soon as the school day is over. We also do not wish to bring in the extracurricular tutors, who may increase the risk (of carrying Coronavirus) to our children. Only essential staff meetings, PTA work (not involving children) or ESH sport practice are exceptions to this.
Unfortunately, due to the Covid-19 restrictions, we are not able to host any welcome coffees, Parent Education presentations etc. When this changes, we will let you know.
Lunch in the Classroom
From February 8th (and for the next 2 weeks before the vacation) the School Caterers will deliver warm meals to each class. They follow the RIVM guidelines for cooking and serving warm food with the highest health and hygeine standards. All the Lunch Time supervisors and Kitchen staff wear non-surgical gloves and facemasks.
There are no resources or collections to display