Our objective is to provide a safe and hygienic environment at ESH to protect our staff and students from infection by the Coronavirus. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with our school updates. Our goal is to provide the best educational experience for your children under the current restrictions and regulations. When in doubt about symptoms, please get tested by making an appointment with the GGD by calling 0800-1202.
The whole class does not need to quarantine if there’s one (Covid-19) positive case. “Close contacts” may be required to self-isolate. However, with multiple infected children, the GGD may advise the whole class to quarantine. ESH will always follow their expert advice.
From the 2nd of December 2021, the following General Measures are effective:
- Staff need to keep 1,5m distance from one another. Pupils are not required to keep distance from each other or adults in school.
- Face masks are compulsory for staff and are urgently advised for pupils in P4 & P5 when traveling through the school.
- It is strongly advised that staff and pupils from P4 & P5 self-test 2x per week. Tests are available in school for staff. Pupils in P4 and P5 receive 2 self-tests per week to take home and use in the morning before school. If the self-test result is positive, the procedure for testing (PCR at the GGD) needs to be followed.
- Safety equipment such as protection screens and facemasks will be provided by school to be used in the classrooms.
- Pupils and members of staff with Covid-19 related symptoms need to stay at home and need to be tested by the GGD. This is applicable for all symptoms including mild symptoms such as runny noses. Pupils and staff can return to school when they have tested negative.
- No parents or other externals are allowed in school except in exceptional cases and upon invitation.
- Staff will keep classes separated as much as possible.
- School will continue to provide soap and paper towels to make sure children and staff can wash their hands frequently.
Please note: It is our strong recommendation to book a PCR test at the GGD if your child develops any Covid-19 related symptoms. Before the test and while you are waiting for the result, your child needs to stay at home. Only if the result is negative, can your child return to school. If you decide to do a self-test, your child may only come to school if the result is negative. If the self-test or PCR test is positive, your child may not come to school and we should be informed about this positive result as soon as possible.
Please view this Decision Making Flow Chart to guide you:
An English version will be shared as soon as it has been published by the authorities.
There are no resources or collections to display