A cookie is a piece of data sent to your device from a website. This means the website can recognise your device if you return to the same website. Cookies do not contain any personal information about you and cannot be used to identify an individual user. A cookie often includes a unique identifier, which is an anonymous number (randomly generated) and is stored on your device. Some expire at the end of your website session; others remain on your computer for longer.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested (please note, the session cookies used are to track your current session (e.g. determining authentication status) - the username and password are not stored in a cookie)li>
- measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and there’s enough capacity to ensure that they are fast
- analysing anonymised data to help us understand how people interact with our services so that we can make them better
Our platform uses several different categories of cookies:
- Necessary for the operation of the site: Certain cookies are necessary for the operation of the site. For example, certain cookies are used to help keep track of your session status. This makes it possible for you to stay logged into the site as you move from page to page.
Types of cookies
There are two types of cookie you may encounter when using our website:
- First party cookies: these are our own cookies, controlled by us and used to provide information about usage of our site.
- Third party cookies: these are cookies found in other companies’ internet tools which we are using to enhance our site, for example Facebook or Twitter have their own cookies, which are controlled by them.
This website may contain links to other sites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the privacy practices of such other sites. We encourage our users to be aware when they leave our site and to read the privacy statements of each and every Web site that collects personally identifiable information. This privacy statement applies solely to information collected by this website.
European School The Hague, Houtrustweg 2, 2566 HA Den Haag, The Netherlands
+31 (0)70 700 1600, firstname.lastname@example.org