ESH maintains a high standard of quality education. Aligned with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. To this end, all those appointed at ESH are required to obtain a Certificate of good conduct (in Dutch: VOG). The decision to issue this certificate lies with the Ministry of Justice (in Dutch: Dienst Justis). Your appointment with ESH takes place on condition that you obtain a VOG. This procedure will be explained in further detail by HR upon appointment. Needless to say, ESH will reimburse the costs in relation to the above.
All appointments are subject to the successful completion of an interview, (trial lesson), identity checks, criminal record checks, and references. Applications should contain a CV and a fully completed job application form. Download the application form here in Word or PDF. Please note: incomplete applications will not be considered.
Furthermore, applicants must be EU citizens or have a valid permit to work in the Netherlands. For any further information, please visit the Government website.
Please send in your unsolicited application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Unsolicited applications should also contain a CV and a fully completed job application form (download in the section above).
Privacy Statement for Applicants
ESH attaches considerable importance to the privacy and the protection of the personal data of applicants. The processing of the personal data takes place in a manner that is in line with the statutory requirements in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation, (GDPR). The privacy statement contains information about how we handle applicants’ personal data, how we record this and on what basis. The privacy regulations are to be found under the Foundation’s website, here.
Requirements for teaching positions
Teachers who have obtained their diplomas and certificates abroad, must have their qualifications recognised by "Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs" (DUO, part of the Dutch Education Ministry). Upon appointment, HR will assist you in this process.
The requirements for teaching positions are:
- for primary and secondary: fully qualified teacher status in the country the qualification is obtained, and in the subject applied for (for UK / Ireland / Scotland: you have been awarded QTS and have successfully completed - or are exempt from - the statutory induction period)
- additional for secondary: Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree (Hons), or equivalent
- additional qualifications (e.g. CELTA, FLE, etc.) if required for the position applied for
- successful teaching experience
- knowledge of international curricula
- experience teaching pupils in their second language
- native or near native (C2 level) competence in the languages in which you teach
- knowledge of two or more European Union languages preferred
- experience working collaboratively in an international environment