For children leaving ESH, we require a completed Withdrawal Form. You need to send a scan of the completed form (with parents’ signatures) to: firstname.lastname@example.org and/or email@example.com
Please also inform the following people/organisations where relevant:
- The municipality (if you are going to be leaving the country or transferring to a school in The Netherlands that is not a Dutch International School)
- Before/After-school care providers
- Bus transport company
Once the withdrawal form has been received, this will be processed by the school administration staff.
The next steps are:
- A credit note will be issued, if this is relevant.
- If there are no outstanding fees, a leavers report will be created with educational information and a confirmation of attendance.
- The leavers report will be sent to parents first. If there are any comments/requests for adjustment from parents, this will be collected and added to a Leavers File, which will then be sent to the new school if this is in The Netherlands. It is therefore very important to submit the withdrawal form on time and provide the contact information for the new school (email address and telephone number). The file will be sent by email and will be password protected.
If you need to have copies of previous school reports in order to apply to the new school, you can contact your child’s class teacher to request the report folder.
The information that is provided in a Leavers Report and the procedure for sharing this with parents and the new school is in accordance with the Dutch Law regarding Primary Schools, the GDPR and the advice from LKR (Landelijke Klachtencommisie Onderwijs) which is the national complaint registry for education.